1. Privacy Statement:
Privacy Statement / Data Protection Act Registration
We guarantee never to spam you or sell your email address to anyone.
Total-CVs is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, Consequently, we are legally and morally bound to protect your personal information, e.g. name, address, date of birth, etc, and to handle it according to strict guidelines. This is an obligation that we take very seriously indeed. In particular, we are totally opposed to spam and would never sell your email address to anyone.
The only information we collect about you is the information you provide to us yourself through our standard forms, other correspondence we may have with you and any technical information gathered automatically when you use our web sites, e.g. details of your internet browser type. We guarantee categorically that all such information will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, e.g. freelance consultants specialising in particular sectors or geographical territories. Such companies and individuals will have access to any personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes, and are required to handle your data in accordance with the UK's Data Protection legislation, whether they are themselves based within the UK or not.
With your permission, we may distribute your details to carefully selected partners, e.g. recruitment agencies, who may be able to assist you in gaining future employment. As a result, you may be contacted by post, fax, email or phone by us, our associates, or other organisations. If you object to this usage of your data, please click here to register this objection and we guarantee your wishes will be adhered to.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to access all data we hold on you for a nominal fee (£10).
Unless you ask us not to at the time, we collect your personal details, we will pass them to TheCVBank.co.uk and other carefully selected 3rd parties who may use them for marketing or sell them to other organizations for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive direct marketing from TheCVBank.co.uk or these other organizations, you should contact them directly.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
All CVs will be revised once free of charge during the CV writing process. An additional fee may be paid by the customer to include unlimited revisions. This is subject only to our other Terms and Conditions (in particular the clauses concerning offensive behaviour as detailed under 'Payments & Refunds' below) and to our right to automatically deem an order to be closed to a client's satisfaction should we not have heard from them to the contrary after not less than three months have elapsed since our last contact with the client.
All changes to draft orders and/or approvals of draft orders must be submitted in writing - by post, fax, email or directly online via an appropriate form - and cannot be accepted by telephone.
Once a completed order has been despatched, if any further changes are required, an 'additional version' or 'update' charge will be incurred. The appropriate charge will be determined by the management at their discretion.
2. Principal Terms & Conditions
- By placing an order with Total CVs ("we/us/our"), you, the Client ("you/your"), agree to accept our Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice, and your continued use of our services following any change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check the Terms & Conditions of Use regularly for changes. If you do not agree with any change to the Terms and Conditions of Use, you must immediately stop using our services.
- Furthermore, your access to and use of Total-CVs and other web sites owned by us (the/our "web sites") are subject exclusively and strictly to our Terms and Conditions.
- No contract exists until we accept your order. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason. We reserve the right to withdraw any goods/services at any time. All prices are subject to change at any time prior to a contract being entered into and are subject to change without notice. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for refusing to accept your order, withdrawing any goods/services or changing any prices.
- We retain the right to revoke your right to continued use of our services at our discretion.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by any of our terms, conditions or policies.
- We may pass your details to our partners who in turn may contact you to carry out CV writing services and job offers.
- Total-CVs may distribute your CV to carefully selected partners with relevance to helping you seek employment.
3. Payments, Refunds
- Payment is required in full with all orders. We reserve the right to allow time for bank clearance of cheque payments although we will generally only do so in cases where there have been previous problems with payment.
- If you are paying by credit/debit card your card will be debited on acceptance of your order so as to ensure that sufficient funds/credit are/is available in the account.
- All credit/debit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the refusal.
- Within the UK, all services are deemed to begin, by agreement, before the end of the cooling off period (as defined by United Kingdom's Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000), early delivery being essential to the vast majority of our clients. Furthermore, under the above-mentioned regulations, with the exception of books, all our goods are 'made to the consumer's specifications or clearly personalised' and are therefore exempt.
- Should a suspected error be made in billing your credit/debit card, our policy is to provide a full and immediate refund, pending further investigation by the management.
- We reserve the right to terminate any contract due to offensive behaviour from a client. Offensive behaviour is defined as aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our staff. It should be noted that in the event of a dispute we welcome arbitration from a respected and mutually agreed independent third party such as "Which?".
- Completed orders are only despatched upon written acceptance of the draft(s) sent.
- Please allow 7 working days from the date of despatch for any package to arrive in the UK, 14 working days for Europe and 21 working days for elsewhere in the world.
- If this time elapses and the package has still not arrived, you should contact your local sorting or post office to verify that the package is not being held for you. If your post office confirms that no packages are being held, we will consider the package to be 'lost in the post' and you must contact us to arrange for a replacement before a total of 40 days have elapsed since the initial despatch. We will not send a replacement unless you have checked with your local sorting or post office first.
- We cannot accept any liability for late deliveries.
- We cannot accept liability for any importation taxes, sales taxes or charges that may be levied at delivery destinations outside of the EU.
- In the exceedingly unlikely event that we are unable to deliver goods within 30 days, we will notify you immediately and either arrange an alternative timescale for delivery or accept your cancellation of the item(s) in question.
5. Cancellation Policy
Distance selling regulations here negate your right to cancel and your contract with Total-CVs commences when payment details have been given. Our standard cancellation period is 24 hours after the purchase has been completed and/or contact made by one of our professional CV writers and a consultation has been given.
Distance Selling Regulations
The supply of services and personalised goods, as outlined in Distance Selling Regulations 13, "the consumer will not have the right to cancel the contract by giving notice of cancellation pursuant to regulation 10", 13:1A and 13:1C in respect of contracts for the supply of services if the performance of the contract has begun with the consumer's agreement; before the end of the cancellation period.
In certain circumstances consumers may have a valid reason for trying to cancel their purchase with Total-CVs so we therefore offer a cancellation policy to cover our basic costs.
- Up to 24 hours after purchase of goods Total-CVs will deduct 10% from the refund amount.
- Up to 48 hours after purchase of goods Total-CVs will deduct 25% from the refund amount.
- Up to 5 working days where no consultation has yet taken place Total-CVs will deduct 50% from the refund amount.
- Cancellation on the day attracts the full 100% Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellation after a CV consultation has taken place or after 5 working days has passed no refund will take place.
- Refunds due will be credited back to your card or by cheque within 30 days of cancellation order.
- We endeavour to respond to all correspondence, including complaints, within a maximum of 24 hours from receipt. All complaints must be made in writing; our telephone staff are not authorised to handle such matters. Complaints must be made by writing to the Managing Director giving details about the reasons for the complaint.
- Should a complaint not be resolved to a client's satisfaction, we welcome arbitration from a respected and mutually agreed independent third party such as "Which?"
7. Service Specific Terms and Conditions
We do not undertake to include non-text elements, e.g. graphics (logos, photographs, etc.) within our CVs, with the exception of simple lines and boxes, nor do we undertake to make use of colour.
Guaranteed interview within four weeks on having your CV written by us
Total-CVs agrees to refund you, the customer, in full if you are not offered an interview within four weeks of paying for any CV writing service. This only applies if the package states this in the Package Description.
Should it do so you must prove that you have applied for at least 10 jobs and meet the minimum experience and qualification requirements in each case.
CDs Files provided on CD are in Microsoft Word for Windows format. We cannot be held liable for incompatibility issues with a user's individual computer set-up although we do undertake to assist as best we are able in resolving any such issues and will provide alternative, more suitable formats if we are able to do so. However, it should be noted that IT support is out of our field of expertise and, if we are unable to agree upon a resolution, the user will need to seek appropriate professional IT support at their expense. With regard to potentially faulty CDs the Terms and Conditions detailed above (under 'Cancellation & Returns Policy') will apply.
All references to number of hours for delivery are deemed to be "working hours" and therefore 12 hours should be recognised as 1.5 working days, 24 hours should be recognised as three working days, 48 hours as six working days.
CV Distribution Service:
Our undertaking is to distribute a client's CV to recruitment agencies and employers to whom it may be of interest. We cannot, however, guarantee any subsequent response since this depends on factors beyond our control. Furthermore, for a variety of commercial reasons, we do not disclose details of our database of employers and agencies.
Completion of Job Application Form:
It should be noted that we do not undertake to actually hand-write on to an original application form, nor do we undertake to print directly on to an original application form. This service covers the preparation of a report advising the client what should be written and where. Naturally, no liability can be accepted for a subsequent failure on the part of the client to be awarded the job in question.
The above-mentioned Terms and Conditions relating to file formats (under 'CDs') also apply to files transmitted by email. It should further be noted that we cannot accept any liability for late delivery of emails or for the failure of emails to arrive, since the delivery of emails depends on too many external factors beyond our control.
8. Web Site Use
- You warrant that you will use our web sites only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner.
- You warrant that all information which you provide to us is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects and that you will notify us immediately of any changes to such information.
- We reserve the right to change or remove (temporarily or permanently) a web site (or any part of it) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal.
- Our web sites are provided to you on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any warranty being given in relation to the web sites including (but not limited to) implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- We make no warranty that the web sites will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the site or the server(s) that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of material uploaded or transmitted through our web sites.
- All emails and any attachment(s) is/are confidential. If an email is received by a party who is not the intended recipient they are requested to notify us immediately, delete it from their system and refrain from copying or using it for any purpose or disclosing its contents in any other way.
- We are not responsible for the content of emails which may or may not contain personal views. Anything said or contained within an email does not necessarily reflect our views and opinions unless specifically stated.
- Internet communications are not secure and may be intercepted.
- All emails are checked for all known viruses by Symantec Corporation software which is updated at least daily and no further liability can be accepted.
- All links on our web sites to third party web sites are provided purely as an information source and we do not endorse, approve, certify or control links to or information provided by other individuals, institutions or organisations, and do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at external internet addresses, nor are we are responsible for the terms, conditions, policies or security of these web sites.
9. Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in all material on our web sites, site design, structure and graphics and all software and source codes connected with our web sites shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material contained within our web sites is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. You may only access, view, copy and/or print pages from our web sites for the sole purpose of you evaluating our services for your use and/or placing an order with us. Any other use of the material within our web sites is strictly prohibited.
Limitation Of Liability
Our liability is limited for losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when any contract was made, for losses that were not caused by any breach on our part and for business losses and/or losses to non-consumers. It is limited for loss of data, loss of profits, cost of cover, or other special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages however caused and regardless of theory of liability. This limitation will apply even if we have been advised of, or are aware of, the possibility of such damages.
Furthermore, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, reasonable losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use by you or other liabilities arising out of your use of our services and our web sites.
Each provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the validity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part. This is subject only to the provision that where a particular term(s) is/are declared void, under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, the contract will only continue to bind the parties if it is capable of continuing in existence without the unfair term(s).
For the avoidance of any doubt, we would reiterate that your statutory rights are not affected by any of our terms, conditions or policies.
E & OE
These terms were last updated on the 14th September 2012